Get a way weekend in Austin
The Lone Star section has invited the Houston section to join them for a weekend in Austin. The weekend will include lunch at the Oasis on Lake Travis, known by the locals as The Sunset Capital of Texas. Click here to see the spectacular views from Oasis on Lake Travis. After lunch we will head downtown for a tour of the Bob Bullock museum. After the tour we will travel a few blocks to the south side of the river to check-in to the Hyatt Regency hotel followed by dinner at a downtown restaurant.
The highlight of the weekend will be an evening cruise on Lady Bird Lake to view the nightly flights of the Mexan free-tailed bats as they emerged from the bridges that cross the lake. An estimated 1.5 million Mexican free-tailed bats live under the Congress Avenue Bridge. It is the largest urban colony in North America, recognized by National Geographic, The Discovery Channel, and various other news media.
Hotel reservation must be made before July 29th to get the $169 rate.
Payment for the Bat cruise must be made to the Austin section before August 13th.
You can join us on the caravan from the Bucc-ee's in Cypress as we head west on US290 to Austin or meet us at the gift shop at the Oasis on Lake Travis at noon.
Here are the details:
Saturday, August 21, 2021
- 8:30 am - Meet at Bucc-ee's 27106 US-290, Cypress, TX 77433
- 9:00am – Depart
- 12:00pm - Arrive at Oasis on Lake Travis, 6550 Comanche Trail Austin TX 78732
- (Meet at Gift Shop)
- Lunch at Oasis on Lake Travis
- 2:00 pm – Arrive Bob Bullock museum; 1800 Congress Ave. Austin, TX 78701
- 4:00 pm - Hotel check In; Hyatt Regency, 208 Barton Springs Austin, Texas 78704
- The rate will be $169(plus tax, etc.). Please click here to reserve your room.
- 5:00 pm - Dinner
- 7:00 pm – Bat tour Boat cruise on Lady Bird Lake
- You can mail your check for $30 to Treasurer, Nick Voinis 10209 Sunningdale Cove, Austin, TX 78717., made out to MBCA Lone Star Section or pay via credit card by clicking here
- 9:00 pm - Drinks at the hotel
Sunday, August 22, 2021
- Breakfast at hotel 9:30am