Southern Stars September 2020 Drive & Dine

Southern Stars September 2020 Drive & Dine

Southern Stars
Saturday, September 19, 2020 - 10:30am
St. Augustine
Florida

In September, Southern Stars Section hosted a Drive & Dine event!

 After meeting up with several members, we drove an hour or so down A1A, taking in the beautiful Atlantic Ocean and Intracoastal waterway views until we arrived at Sunset Grille. State Road A1A is a north–south Florida State Road that runs along the Atlantic Ocean, from Key West at the southern tip of Florida, to Fernandina Beach, just south of Georgia on Amelia Island.  The Sunset Grille has grown to be one of St. Augustine’s top destination restaurants in the region for some 30 years now!

Invitations were sent to members via Evite, and reminders were shared on our social media accounts. Dozens of members showed interest in the Drive & Dine event! Interestingly we noticed 80% of the cars that showed up at our initial meeting spot were retractable hardtop roadsters, with the remaining 20% being of the soft-top cabriolet variety! We met a couple of members along the way, and met up with even more members at the restaurant. Tickets for door prizes were given to each member. Door prizes included Mercedes-Benz Lifestyle Collection accessories such as premium umbrellas, tire valve stem caps, beverage tumblers, gift cards and more!