Southern Stars September 2020 Drive & Dine

Saturday, September 19, 2020 -
10:30am to 2:30pm
Drive down the coastal A1A byway that runs along the Atlantic Ocean.
Chapelgate Rd
St. Augustine
Florida
32080
David Wommer
9045347319

 

            As summer was winding down, Southern Stars Section of the Southeast Region decided to take in the sights and food of Florida’s famous A1A! We celebrated the September equinox with a leisurely hour or so long drive down A1A scenic and historic coastal byway and continued down A1A taking in the beautiful Atlantic Ocean and Intracoastal waterway views until we reached Sunset Grille. The Sunset Grille has grown to be one of St. Augustine’s top destination restaurants to serve some of the freshest local seafood and award-winning chowders in the region for some 30 years now, while keeping their roots deep in the soft sand!

            Invitations were sent to members via Evite, and reminders were shared on our social media accounts. Dozens of members showed interest in the Drive & Dine event! Interestingly we noticed 80% of the cars who showed up at our initial meeting spot were roadsters, with the remaining 20% being of the soft-top cabriolet variety! We met a couple of members along the way, and met up with more members at the restaurant. We were able to introduce our Regional Director Hank Webb, and his wife, Membership Director, Jean Webb, and our current officers to include Chase Jackson, (President), David Wommer (Vice President), Jackie Keener (Treasurer), and Mary Ann Baugh (Secretary)to some of our newer members!

            State Road A1A is a north–south Florida State Road that runs along the Atlantic Ocean, from Key West at the southern tip of Florida, to Fernandina Beach, just south of Georgia on Amelia Island.

 

Southern Stars Social Media:

 

https://www.facebook.com/mbca.southernstars/

 

https://www.instagram.com/southern_stars_mbca/

 

https://www.instagram.com/dave_mbca/