not-front-rule

Radio code for a C230

Welcome to the Mercedes-Benz Club of America Forums
Here, you'll find members en masse who can talk, guide, answer or listen to your Mercedes-Benz related questions and comments. Participation in the forums is free to Club members. If you're a guest of this site, you'll have access to our read-only discussions. Like what you see? Join the Club to get full Q&A privileges. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out our FAQ page.  To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Forum Jump

3 replies [Last post]
System Admin
monarchd's picture

hi all,

I've disconnected my battery and didnot have a radio code. The radio is an Alpine model #CM2396 for a '97 C230. Does anyone know or have any suggestion on how to get the unlock code and the procedure to program?

thanks much,
Dave
'97 C230

Share this
pdjv's picture
Winchester, VA

Vehicles
2011 E550
Call a dealer

For an OEM radio, you need to provide the VIN for your car and the dealer can look up the unlock code.

mercedessd's picture
Phoenix, AZ

Vehicles
1998 C43 AMG
1990 300SE
1987 560SEL

dgong wrote:
hi all,

I've disconnected my battery and didnot have a radio code. The radio is an Alpine model #CM2396 for a '97 C230. Does anyone know or have any suggestion on how to get the unlock code and the procedure to program?

thanks much,
Dave
'97 C230

i can give you the code if you have the complete serial number, should be stamped in the radio chassis, it will start with BE or AL

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture

thanks for the help. i'll check with the dealer.