not-front-rule

Oil change reset E320 CDI

Welcome to the Mercedes-Benz Club of America Forums
Here, you'll find members en masse who can talk, guide, answer or listen to your Mercedes-Benz related questions and comments. Participation in the forums is free to Club members. If you're a guest of this site, you'll have access to our read-only discussions. Like what you see? Join the Club to get full Q&A privileges. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out our FAQ page.  To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Forum Jump

7 replies [Last post]
fgahl's picture
Loves Park, IL

Vehicles
None

Just changed oil and filter on 2005 straight six E320 CDI. Can't find secret to reset dash maintenance message from owners manual or, previously, questions to servicing dealer. Can you help? Thanks, fred

Share this
fgahl's picture
Loves Park, IL

Vehicles
None
Re: Oil change reset E320 CDI

Thanks Don. I'll do so..
fred

nhdoc (not verified)
nhdoc's picture

key on position 2, scoll to mileage screen, push and hold reset button till service menu comes up, scroll through menu to confirm and confirm maintenance.

this only works up to 2005.

fgahl's picture
Loves Park, IL

Vehicles
None

Done! So easy. Thanks, Marty.
fred

nhdoc (not verified)
nhdoc's picture

fgahl;150095 wrote:
Done! So easy. Thanks, Marty.
fred

You're very welcome...happy motoring!

mrhftw's picture

Marty & Fred,

I have a 2005 e320 cdi was picked up at the factory on 9/11/04. This is my first oil chg after warranty expired and the dealer will not reset oil unless I'll do "full" service for nearly $600. I tried the steps Marty gave below and I get is the speed screen with "0 MPH". What am I doing wrong? can it be that this might not work on all 2005 models? I tried to push the reset in all 3 sub windows in the mileage screen and got the same thing. Thanks - Michael

nhdoc (not verified)
nhdoc's picture

http://www.startekinfo.com/StarTek/outside/10502/?requestedDocId=10502

Page 6 of this ought to do the trick...good luck!

mrhftw's picture

Thanks for the quick reply -- it did not do the trick but I found another source and had it done. It was position 1 and Speedometer screen (maybe that is what was referred to as mileage screen?) the rest was more or less the same. It is the diff of the screen that shows MPH or MPG; on my car it worked with the MPH screen. Thanks again - Michael