not-front-rule

Noisy Front-end - 2001 C320

Welcome to the Mercedes-Benz Club of America Forums
Here, you'll find members en masse who can talk, guide, answer or listen to your Mercedes-Benz related questions and comments. Participation in the forums is free to Club members. If you're a guest of this site, you'll have access to our read-only discussions. Like what you see? Join the Club to get full Q&A privileges. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out our FAQ page.  To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Forum Jump

No replies
System Admin
monarchd's picture

For about the past 9 months, my front suspension or shocks have become very noisy, especially when driving over a curb, etc. My '01 C320 only has 68K which to me is too soon for the shocks to need replacing and the shocks still perform as they should at speeds, except when I hit a pothole and then it feels like they almost bottom out. My gut tells me though that the scrunching noise I'm hearing are the shocks, and they took a beating last winter with all of the rain which led to potholes in California. Has anyone had similar experiences and is there a way to verify this before spending hundreds of dollars on new shocks? If the shocks need to be replaced, does anyone have suggestions? Does it make sense to replace just the front or all 4? Thanks! Nate

Share this