not-front-rule

Mercedes 190e 2.6 oil leak

Welcome to the Mercedes-Benz Club of America Forums
Here, you'll find members en masse who can talk, guide, answer or listen to your Mercedes-Benz related questions and comments. Participation in the forums is free to Club members. If you're a guest of this site, you'll have access to our read-only discussions. Like what you see? Join the Club to get full Q&A privileges. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out our FAQ page.  To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Forum Jump

1 reply [Last post]
jakker91's picture

Hi everyone,
I own a 1990 190e 2.6 with 103,000 miles on it. It was just recently put in a german specialty shop to fix a oil leak. They told me they replaced the head gasket and did a valve job, however about a week after i got it back the leak is back. I am loosing about a quart a week. It doesnt smoke so i know i am not buring any oil. any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
thanks Jack.

Share this
MTI
MTI's picture
Scottsdale, AZ

Vehicles
2011 GLK350
1999 C280
1985 190E
Re: Mercedes 190e 2.6 oil leak

Not having it go out the tailpipe means that the oil is either landing on the ground somewhere or causing other mischief, like mixing with your coolant. Have you inspected under the car or looked at the condition of the fluid in the coolant reserve tank?

The Biggest Bargain from Germany Since Werner Von Braun