not-front-rule

Locations of Central Locking Pump/Actuators for 190E (201)?

Welcome to the Mercedes-Benz Club of America Forums
Here, you'll find members en masse who can talk, guide, answer or listen to your Mercedes-Benz related questions and comments. Participation in the forums is free to Club members. If you're a guest of this site, you'll have access to our read-only discussions. Like what you see? Join the Club to get full Q&A privileges. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out our FAQ page.  To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Forum Jump

1 reply [Last post]
Agapeguy's picture

My central locking system just went out on my '84 190E. Now, after unlocking the driver's door, I have to reach all around from within the car's interior to unlock each door manually. After unlocking the driver's door lock, for about 20 seconds I hear an electric buzzing sound near the rear passenger-side door/seat area. Where exactly are the locations of the central locking electric pump and the actuators, so I can troublshoot the problem? If you have any additional insights on getting to them, inspecting them, removing them, and on preventive maintenance (e.g., using moly grease or WD 40 on specific areas) please include the details. I don't want to break any plastic parts, molding, or short out anything, and I do want to do a thorough job with the PM if I am going to go to the trouble of getting into the door panels or under the seat areas. Cheers!

Share this
yvrbenz's picture

I've never actually...

fiddled with the central locking system so I can't really offer you any insight; however I DO know that the pump is located under the rear bench on the passenger side. It's enclosed in a foam "housing"