not-front-rule

Electrical puzzle - 600 SL

Welcome to the Mercedes-Benz Club of America Forums
Here, you'll find members en masse who can talk, guide, answer or listen to your Mercedes-Benz related questions and comments. Participation in the forums is free to Club members. If you're a guest of this site, you'll have access to our read-only discussions. Like what you see? Join the Club to get full Q&A privileges. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out our FAQ page.  To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Forum Jump

2 replies [Last post]
System Admin
monarchd's picture

I have a 1993 600 SL with 42,000 original miles. It is in mint condition and runs great!

Here is the problem: Two weeks ago, the seat belt warning light came on and would not go off; then the SRS came on and stayed on; then the ASR and ABS warning light came on and stayed on.

Any ideas as to what is causing this problem?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

/Efrain

Share this
Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
Green Gremlins

I have a 94 SL600 which runs great also. But, I have lights come on during operation and go off, and stay off when you cycle the ignition switch off and then on again. The light I see most often is the suspension light. I'm told we could be having an instrument cluster problem. I've often wondered if I don't have fluid (water) running around causing temporary shorts? I know the wiring harness in the 94 is a known weak area.

Regards,
Eric Leindecker
Cincinnati, OH

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture

I dont' know much about electrical systems, but I tend to agree that the source of my problem is the common wiring mechanisn for the dashboard cluster.

Would you happen to know where I can access a wiring schematic for the dashboard cluster?