A couple of weeks ago, the 2 year old battery in my 93 300CE started going down but would still start the car. Sunday it was deader than a doornail (whaterver that is). Had the battery checked out and is OK.
Tested the draw with a test light and multi-meter between the negative battery cable and terminal.Key was out of ignition.
The meter pulses .01-03 mA. The test light glows brightly at first and then dims to a very faint glow. Removing the C and 9 fuse kills the light. I think I have tracked it down to a couple of things. You can hear and feel the antenna motor "clicking" when the neg cable is touched to the battery, but if I unhook it, the test light still glows.
The clock is on this circut. Is that enough to trigger the test light?
Also, The relay in the "F" position on the relay panel clicks when the battery cable is touched on and off. One book says it is a two pole relay that controls the auxiullary water pump. I can't find it in any wiring diagram I have. This relay is white and six pole.
Also on this circut is the seat back locking system. This hasn't worked since I have owned the car. I would like to fix this too. Related?
This thing is like working on the Space Shuttle, but I love it!
Thanks in advance.