Mercedes-Benz In-Vehicle Hotspot
Open up a world of viewing possibilities by bringing the power of wireless Internet with you on the road. With the Mercedes-Benz In-Vehicle Hotspot simply connect your Wi-Fi-enabled device and log on to view your favorite videos, listen to Internet radio, check your
e-mail or surf your favorite websites*.
Features and advantages include:
• Easy to use and configure
• Router is password encrypted for a secure connection
• Upholds Mercedes-Benz quality and safety standards
• Web browsing, online gaming, Internet radio and video streaming
• Compatible with various Wi-Fi-enabled devices, such as an iPhone®, iPad®, laptop and smartphone
• Up to four devices can be connected simultaneously
To schedule an installation, please call or visit your
authorized Mercedes-Benz dealer.
*Requires activation fee and subscription for monthly service.
In-Vehicle Hotspot is available for:
MY06-12 M-Class, MY10-12 E-Class,
MY07-12 GL-Class, MY10-12 GLK-Class,
MY08-12 C-Class, MY12 CLS-Class,
MY09-12 S-Class, MY06-12 R-Class
From my reading of the * noted on the MBUSA site, it seems that the hot spot is only available when the vehicle is at a stop and it does not support Adobe Flash. If that's the case, why would anyone purchase this module for installation in their car versus buying a 3G or 4G mobile hot spot device?