not-front-rule

C300 Cabin Air Filter Replacement

Welcome to the Mercedes-Benz Club of America Forums
Here, you'll find members en masse who can talk, guide, answer or listen to your Mercedes-Benz related questions and comments. Participation in the forums is free to Club members. If you're a guest of this site, you'll have access to our read-only discussions. Like what you see? Join the Club to get full Q&A privileges. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out our FAQ page.  To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Forum Jump

3 replies [Last post]
witaxman's picture
Janesville, WI

Vehicles
2009 C300 4MATIC
2008 CLK350

Does anyone know where the cabin air filter is on a '09 C300, and the procedure to change it?  TIA

Share this
DomP's picture
Commack, NY

Vehicles
2003 C320
If it's the same as my C320,

If it's the same as my C320, the filter is in the black box over the battery. Just pops out and back in.

DomP, '03 C320 sedan, Brilliant Silver
NYC-LI Section

syracusea's picture
Manhasset, NY

Vehicles
2012 C300 4MATIC
2009 E350 4MATIC Wagon
2009 C300 4MATIC
Air filter

He is right. the Air Filter is on the same side over the battery.

-Andrew 2009 NYC-Long Island Section

My Car: 2009 C300 4Matic Luxury Sedan

My Dads Car: 2014 C300 4Matic Luxury Sedan

My Moms car: 2009 E350 4Matic Station Wagon
              (soon to be my brothers car)

Keeping it in the family.

RLE
Former Member
RLE's picture
Seattle, WA

Vehicles
2008 C300
W204 cabin filter location

First, ignore previous replies.

The W204 cabin air filter is not located under the hood. The semicircular black box over the battery is a water trap and that's all. You can take a look inside it by releasing the clips at the top and tilting it forward. What you will find is the fan motor.

The filter is located under the glovebox above the passenger's feet. You must remove the panel under the glovebox, held in by three torx screws. To lower the panel for removal, you may have to pull the side footwell panel out first which is accomplished by pulling it backwards after peeling back the door welting in that area which is easy. Pay close attention as the side panel comes out regarding how the retaining tangs disengage. Watch out for  the two electrical plugs you will see when you drop the panel and carefully unplug them before putting any tension on the wiring.

BTW, your dealer would like you to pay about $58 for the filter but the same MANN filter can be bought in the aftermarket for about $18. I am about to install one in my 2008 C300.