not-front-rule

2002 ML 320 Brakes and Radio issues

Welcome to the Mercedes-Benz Club of America Forums
Here, you'll find members en masse who can talk, guide, answer or listen to your Mercedes-Benz related questions and comments. Participation in the forums is free to Club members. If you're a guest of this site, you'll have access to our read-only discussions. Like what you see? Join the Club to get full Q&A privileges. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out our FAQ page.  To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Forum Jump

3 replies [Last post]
Former Member
Waynes World's picture

Vehicles
2002 ML320
1987 560SL

Wifes 2002, so I drive it rarely, but I noticed when I did there seemed to be a lot of brake pedal travel, almost goes to the floor, car stops find, fluid level fine, dealer says not a problem? I thing it is an issue, anyone run into this.

Now the radio I have lousy reception on any AM channel goes in and out. my other cars have no issues in our area. I have cleaned battery connections. Car has only 40,000 miles.

Any fixes to either problem will be greatly appreciated.

Share this
Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
Re: 2002 ML 320 Brakes and Radio issues

Hi Wayne Did the dealer say so over the phone,or did they pull the wheels and do an inspection,cause if the pedal goes to the floor now and does not stop,someone is going to have a problem.They did have some problems with the brake boosters on the MLs and its a big job to replace it.Was this your regular dealer or juet a stop by one.Its a safety item so if you do not feel the brakes are right have another shop look at them,also their is a am/fm booster splitter in one of the rear panels,parts dept should beable to tell you which side if you call for a priceI just do not recall which side,may be another member has replaced one and can step in here.Joeym

wwhopper's picture
Washington, DC

Vehicles
2011 C300 4MATIC
1998 ML320

When was the last time the brake fluid was changed. If it has been awhile, changing it will help, as it absorbs moisture which would make it soft.

Check the radio to make sure the antenna is connected, that sounds like a loose connection to me.

William West Hopper, MBCA Eastern Regional Director | Greater Washington Section Member
Chairperson, MBCA STAR & Technology Committee, MBCA StarTech Committee
2011 C300 4MATIC Sport W204
1998 ML320 W163

Former Member
Waynes World's picture

Vehicles
2002 ML320
1987 560SL

Thank you both for you info. It was taken in by my wife, but I will do it this time and discuss the booster issue. We have the extended warranty which should cover the brake issue for sure, but I will ask about the radio also. If not I will check both areas mentioned

thanks again