not-front-rule

2000 E320 door lock

Welcome to the Mercedes-Benz Club of America Forums
Here, you'll find members en masse who can talk, guide, answer or listen to your Mercedes-Benz related questions and comments. Participation in the forums is free to Club members. If you're a guest of this site, you'll have access to our read-only discussions. Like what you see? Join the Club to get full Q&A privileges. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out our FAQ page.  To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Forum Jump

5 replies [Last post]
jackb115's picture

:confused: Hello to all of MBCA members

I have had a couple of minor technical problems on my 2000 E320. The two might be related to the cause or completely separate. However, both happened exactly at the same time. Which led me to believe they maybe related. (Possibly electrical).

1) The automatic door lock that is activated as you put the car in drive and start driving has stopped working and the door lock stays in the open position unless I manually lock it.

2) The display light on the AC screen just went off.

I thought it might be a bad fuss and checked all fusses in the 3 locations with no luck they all were OK. I am not sure if the two problems are related but :confused: :confused:

Can someone give me an advice? Thanks in advance to anyone with a response

Share this
mark cummins's picture

Try to reprogram the feature

Sounds like a bulb in the A/C push button..You Must remove the pushbutton to change the bulb..with a set of radio keys

jackb115's picture

Thanks Mark

I will try to do the same.

However, how do you reprogram the door lock

Gmazzini's picture

Look in your owners manual. All the info is there. Let us know how it goes.

jackb115's picture

Thanks I will do it over the weekend and let you know.

Have a good weekend all ;)

jackb115's picture

Thanks all :) :)

I managed to reprogram the door lock from the manual all is ok

However, the display bulb I did not touch as I have no tools to take the display front out.

Are there special tools to take it out or can it be taken out by inserting a flat object like feeler gauge into the two slots on either side of the face. :rolleyes:

Regards,